Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gustav Klimt: My ALL time favorite artist!

Gustav Klimt was an Austrian Symbolist painter. He lived from the 1860's to early 1900's. He was amazing, his paintings are moving. He used gold leaf during his golden period, and I only wish I could see one of these paintings in person. I can't imagine what gold would look like in a painting as vibrant as the ones he did. So today I'm posting some of his paintings. He is the man who inspired me to pursue the arts, and keeps me inspired even today. I hope you enjoy the paintings. These are, of course, my favorites! :)



 This is my all time favorite! It's called the kiss and I will have it on my arm in the next year :)



This is one of my favorite's as well It's called Water Serpents but his is not the full painting, I could not find one on google! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment